Sunday 10 May 2020

Lockdown in London

Since my last blog post, the world has changed dramatically! One by one, countries went into Lockdown as the Coronavirus rapidly swept across the planet causing devastation and chaos. Lockdown in London has left the city, like most, looking like a ghost town. Our reality has changed and we are faced with adjusting to a very different way of life. Social distancing, face masks, and isolation have become the norm. I'm not going to highlight the pain here, we all know the horrible scenes we have witnessed taking place around the world. Yet through this time of crisis, moments of hope and joy as we see acts of kindness and love displayed all around us. From clapping for carers and the NHS, to messages of support and uplifting stories, all providing evidence that the human spirit is alive and kicking.

As for me, it has not been difficult to self-isolate. In fact, just before Lockdown, I had already decided to upgrade my studio and this has been my main focus for the last few weeks. It has taken me longer than I would have thought but I needed time to research everything from buying a new computer, interface, and orchestra library to repainting and reorganising my studio equipment and set-up. There were a few little hiccups along the way and I have learned a lot but it has been worth it. Next week, I'll be powering up my new studio for the first time and I can't wait to play with my new toys! :-)

As for my business Music Audio Stories, like many other businesses out there, we have had to get creative! We launched Kids Stay At Home at the end of March. I created fun freebies, including a free audiobook, to help parents entertain and teach their children at home. Unfortunately, all of my Storytime events have been cancelled but now that I have my studio up and running, I will be working on creating new fun stories again!

I have also been exercising a lot, practicing tennis on any wall I can find, and learning Qigong Tai Chi and other forms of Yoga. Isn't YouTube amazing!

Wherever you are, whoever you are with, or not with, find comfort in the fact that we are not alone. We are together in these strange days and we will get through this. Keep your chin up and keep smiling.

Anna-Christina

Listen to the silence
It has much to teach us
Alone and still
We can't bend water to our will
But we can remain in our power
Upon muddy water, like the lotus flower
And send out a ripple of love
Below, around, and above

1 comment:

  1. Many folks are using this time to improve on their health, hobby life, sleep and close relationships while many others are using this time to be lazy, eat bad, get stressed and live in total fear. If you keep improving your studio/flat you may never want to leave, solitude can be additive! take care, thanx a.C.

    ReplyDelete