Thursday 4 July 2019

July, got to fly!

Lots going on this month, but before I tell you about my awesome July event with Music Audio Stories, I just want to say a huge THANK YOU to everyone who voted for me to win the What's On 4 Kids Award for 'Most Loved Volunteer'!

When I first found out I had been nominated for this award, I felt overjoyed! To win any type of award is lovely but for me, it was more about my volunteering hard work being recognised!

I feel I am rewarded all the time by the wonderful response I have to my Storytime and Audiobooks by both parents and children and this inspires me to always make sure I am doing my best for them.

I am having the most amazing time on this unpredictable, magical journey with Music Audio Stories and I appreciate the love and support from all of you with all my heart! 💖



I took some time out recently to find a new hobby (more on this later) and I had a lovely time listening to the great Royal Philharmonic Orchestra at The Royal Albert Hall when I attended The Planets: An HD Odyssey.


NASA
images and footage were projected onto a giant screen, complementing Holst’s awe-inspiring suite, The Planets – inspired by the contrasting astrological qualities of the Solar System, featuring the much-loved movements, Mars and Jupiter.


Other well-known themes, synonymous with outer space, including Star Wars, Also Sprach Zarathustra (featured in 2001: A Space Odyssey) and Beethoven’s Symphony No.7, Allegretto (featured in Disney’s Fantasia).

The programme included…

R. STRAUSS Also Sprach Zarathustra: Introduction (featured in 2001: A Space Odyssey)
J. STRAUSS II Blue Danube Waltz (featured in 2001: A Space Odyssey)
J.S. BACH, ORCH. STOKOWSKI Toccata and Fugue in D minor (featured in X-Men: Apocalypse)
BEETHOVEN Symphony No.7: Allegretto (featured in Disney’s© Fantasia)
WILLIAMS Star Wars: Main Theme
HOLST The Planets

It was brilliant!

And so on to my July event which will be a rather special one!


I am delighted to announce I have been invited to take part in Brompton Cemetery's Annual Open Day! Not only will Music Audio Stories have our own stall, but I am also hosting my Storytime in the beautiful newly refurbished chapel!


This is such a rare and beautiful location for my Storytime! I have already visited the chapel and the acoustics are amazing! It's going to be magical! Full details of the event can be found here: brompton-open-day-fair

I have more news coming your way but I think this post is long enough lol!

Enjoy the sunshine everyone!

Anna-Christina

No comments:

Post a Comment