Monday 4 April 2016

Adventures in Wonderland

To celebrate 150 years of the publication of Alice’s Adventures in Wonderland, the Alice in Wonderland exhibition at The British Library explores how Alice has captured our imaginations for so many years.




Although the story has been adapted, appropriated, re-imagined and re-illustrated since its conception, we are still enchanted by Carroll’s original, much loved story, which continues to inspire new generations of writers and illustrators.
Come and see Lewis Carroll’s original manuscript with hand-drawn illustrations, alongside stunning editions by Mervyn Peake, Ralph Steadman, Leonard Weisgard, Arthur Rackham, Salvador Dali and others.
Discover how Lewis Carroll’s story has been re-imagined, re-interpreted and re-illustrated over the last 150 years with newly commissioned articles, a selection of manuscripts, reviews and literature relating to Alice in Wonderland.
- See more at: http://www.bl.uk/events/alice-in-wonderland-exhibition#sthash.rtSeCS6O.dpuf
The story has been adapted and re-illustrated since its conception. Lewis Carroll’s original, much loved story, continues to inspire new generations of writers and illustrators.




The exhibition was wonderful and I saw the original manuscripts with hand-drawn illustrations, alongside stunning editions by Mervyn Peake, Ralph Steadman, Leonard Weisgard, Arthur Rackham, Salvador Dali and others.





I spent a lovely afternoon absorbed in everything Alice and found it very inspiring. It's strange to think of myself as a children's author, well a children's audio book author to be precise, because I think of myself first as a composer and musician, however I feel privileged to be part of the author's world!

Very soon I'll have my own books too which will be such a joy for me and I'm so excited that I have the opportunity to be part of the extraordinary process of making a children's book!



I went back to the British Library yesterday and visited the Pop-up Shop full of Alice-inspired products. It's so beautiful!

Alice-inspired products in our first ever Pop-up Shop - See more at: http://www.bl.uk/events/alice-in-wonderland-pop-up-shop#sthash.IGQaSPNK.dpuf

And I brought this amazing book and 'Drink me' bottle which I Loooooove!


This exhibition closes next week so hurry along if you want to see it. I highly recommend it ;-)

Anna-Christina


 

No comments:

Post a Comment