Thursday 19 July 2018

Santa Pod Raceway

I had the most AMAZING time at Santa Pod Raceway last weekend! I went to Dragstalgia, a weekend dedicated to drag racing, hot rods and bikes from a bygone era with classic dragsters, altereds, hot rods, American muscle and more! There was a Championship Drag Racing and Run What Ya Brung sessions on the track along with a Jet Dragster and 2 seater Dragster Rides. Off track there was Show & Shine, live music, traders and a historic car display. 🏎️🏍️

It was a bit too hot for me, but lucky for me I brought the last Japanese style bamboo parasol! ⛱️

Composer Anna-Christina at Santa Pod Raceway

I absolutely LOVED it! The roaring sound of burnouts is something I have never heard live before and it was both terrifying and exciting at the same time! I loved the stalls full of vintage and retro clothing, homeware, jewellery, crafts and collectables. From the 1920s to the 1990s, every era covered for vintage and retro enthusiasts to enjoy! There was also camping, a Fun Fair and plenty of bars and caterers with tasty food and drinks. And the cars were unbelievable!








I have always loved vintage cars! They are like works of art to me... I love the way owners leave their cars open so people can look inside of them. Check out these engines...






Here's a photo of the drivers queuing up around the back before their race...


Cacklefest cars...





I love these beautiful interiors...



If I were ever to own a motorbike, I guess it would have to be one like this one! AC7 :-)


If you have even the slightest bit of interest in cars and/or bikes, I highly recommend going! The atmosphere was electrifying, you really do need to experience it live! Have a look on the website for future events here: http://www.santapod.co.uk/dragstalgia.php 


Absolutely AWESOME!

Anna-Christina  

Composer Anna-Christina at Santa Pod Raceway

No comments:

Post a Comment